New Delhi: Launching a vitriolic attack on the opposition for playing politics over oxygen shortage during the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya on Friday highlighted the Central government’s efforts to ramp up production of the life-saving gas to meet the surge in demand.
He informed the Lok Sabha that RTPCR tests of 16,000 passengers from ‘at-risk’ nations have so far been conducted, adding 18 have tested Covid positive.
Here are top 10 points from Mandaviya’s address in the Lok Sabha during the Question Hour:
- Sadly, even in such a situation, many people did not refrain from playing politics… I appeal, take note of our honest efforts. This is not a subject of politics.
- Prime Minister (Narendra Modi) had said at the chief ministers’ meeting that there was no need to hide the number of deaths due to shortage of oxygen shortage. It (numbers) should be reported.”
- A total of 19 states responded and only Punjab which stated in writing that four suspected deaths were there (in the state) and that too being investigated. We made it public. Still, politics is happening.
- RTPCR tests of 16,000 passengers from ‘at-risk’ countries have been conducted so far, of whom 18 have tested positive for Covid-19.
- Genome sequencing for Omicron detection is underway for such passengers.
- Union government has taken measures to make the country ready for any future challenges and adopted the buffer stock policy to ensure that all states have enough medicines to deal with any further surge in Covid-19 cases.
- A decision on booster dose and jabs for children will be taken on the basis of scientific advice.
- A total of 51,775 cases of mucormycosis have been reported till November 29.
- The Union Ministry of Health has proactively supported states to tackle the challenge posed by cases of mucormycosis during the second surge of Covid-19.
- All states must make mucormycosis a notifiable disease so as to get details of its prevalence in the country.
(This is an auto-generated article from syndicated news feed. TEAM BEPINKU.COM may not have modified or edited the article).