New Delhi: In the wake of two cases of Omicron variant being detected in the state, the Karnataka government issued fresh Covid-19 guidelines on Friday, including compulsory two-dose vaccination for entering malls, cinema halls and theaters.
Some measures announced by the government include limiting gatherings, meetings, conferences to 500 people and asking educational institutions to postpone cultural events.
The development comes after Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai chaired a meeting with experts, senior ministers and officials. On Thursday, the Union Health Ministry said one 66-year old South African national and a doctor aged 46 were the two patients infected with the Omicron variant.
Karnataka Covid-19 Guidelines
- International travelers arriving in Karnataka will be tested at the airports and only after their reports come out negative, they will be allowed to go out.
- Cultural activities, fests, and all sorts of functions at educational institutions will be postponed till January 15, 2022.
- Parents of children below 18 years who are going to school or college should be vaccinated with two doses of the Covid-19 vaccine.
- Compulsory testing of health workers, old people above 65 years of age, and people with comorbidities will be undertaken by the government.
- Entry to the mall/gym/cinema hall will be granted to fully vaccinated individuals only.
- Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) along with local authorities will impose a fine of Rs 250 for not wearing masks and not following Covid-19 appropriate behavior in municipal areas.
The government will undertake intensive containment along with active surveillance in the clusters or areas reporting a higher number of Covid-19 cases in order to curb the spread of the virus. Instructions have also been given to the Health Department to increase the number of tests per day to 1 lakh from the current 60,000.
Apart from this, the surveillance of border posts set up by districts adjoining Kerala and Maharashtra will continue.
(This is an auto-generated article from syndicated news feed. TEAM BEPINKU.COM may not have modified or edited the article).