New Delhi: The suspect killed in the blast on Thursday in the district court of Ludhiana has been identified. The person killed has been identified as a former policeman named Gagandeep Singh. Along with this, the police has also come to know in the investigation that Gagandeep was dismissed from the job in the drugs case. He was also sentenced to two years in jail in the drugs case and came out of jail this year.
Significantly, on Thursday, there was an explosion in the second floor of the district court of Ludhiana. The explosion took place in the bathroom. One person was killed in the blast, while six others were injured. In the initial investigation, the police and investigative agencies have come to know that the deceased had planted the bomb in the court.
Earlier on Friday, the police had also found a damaged mobile phone from the blast site. The police suspected that it could be a mobile bomb assembler. As of now, no confirmation has been made by the police in this regard. Police is engaged in gathering more information about Gagandeep Singh. According to the police, Gagandeep had planted the bomb in the court and it exploded while planting the bomb, which killed him.
Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi on Friday said that his government has sought the help of the central government to probe into the Ludhiana district court complex bomb blast case and find out the reasons behind it. Channi said he spoke to Union Home Minister Amit Shah a few hours after the blast. After this, the Center has sent some teams to Punjab to investigate the bomb blast.
Tags: Ludhiana, Ludhiana Court, Punjab
(This is an auto-generated article from syndicated news feed. TEAM BEPINKU.COM may not have modified or edited the article).