Mumbai: Mumbai Police on Wednesday said it has not found evidence of extortion in connection with the drugs-on-cruise case in which Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan was arrested and halted the probe until next order.
“Investigation of alleged extortion matter in connection with drugs on cruise case halted until next order,” the Mumbai Police said, ANI reported.
The Special Inquiry Team (SET) constituted by the Mumbai Police to investigate the matter had questioned around 20 people in connection with the same.
“No case registered so far as no evidence found yet,” the police added.
Aryan, one of the accused in the drugs seizure case, is currently out on bail.
Mumbai Police formed a special team to investigate the extortion angle after Prabhakar Sail, the independent witness of the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), alleged that he had overheard a phone conversation about a demand of Rs 25 crore.
The NCB’s independent witness had earlier in October claimed that the amount was demanded by an official of the NCB besides others, including KP Gosavi, to let off the Bollywood superstar’s son in the case.
Sail then said that he had overheard Gosavi telling one Sam D’Souza over the phone, after Aryan was brought to the NCB office following the raid on October 2, about a demand of Rs 25 crore and “to settle at Rs 18 crore as they have to give Rs eight crore to (NCB Zonal Director) Sameer Wankhede”.
The NCB and its zonal director had approached a special court against the extortion. In their affidavits, they said that it was an attempt to create hurdles and scuttle the investigation in the drugs seizure case.
(This is an auto-generated article from syndicated news feed. TEAM BEPINKU.COM may not have modified or edited the article).