West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2021 | Apply Online | Eligibility | Benefits | Application Process: Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee recently launched Student credit card for the student of West Bengal who have been living in WB from the last 10 years. It is launched to improve the higher education sector in West Bengal. In other words, it will support the Bengal students to pursue 10th, Higher Secondary, Madrasha, Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Post Doctoral studies.
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2021: Apply Online | Eligibility | Benefits | Registration | Application Process
Also, students studying in numerous coaching Institutes for appearing in different competitive examinations such as engineering, medical, law, IAS, IPS, WBCS and others can also get the benefit of West Bengal Student Credit Card program.
However, in this post you will know the complete details of West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme like how to apply online, eligibility, benefits, registration process etc.
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2021: Eligibility
- Mamata Banerjee’s West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme targets at giving the financial support by the State Government at a nominal interest rate of 4% to the students of West Bengal who have been residing for the last 10 years and getting education from 10th onwards, or who have been studying in different different coaching institutes and preparing for different competitive exams such as Engineering, Medical, Law, IAS, IPS, WBCS, SSC, UPSC, PSC, SSC.
- Students pursuing UG, PG courses including professional degrees, diploma courses and research at doctoral and post-doctoral level. This scheme also includes schools, madrashas, colleges, universities and other institutes.
- The student applying for Student Credit Card must be an Indian citizen and a resident of the state of West Bengal for the last 10 years.
- Students should be less than 40 years of age at the time of applying for the Credit Card.
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2021: Benefits
Now, let’s discuss about the objectives and benefits of Student Credit Card. It will help you understand how much important it is to get the higher education sector more convenient to the students of West Bengal. It is one of the best way to give the financial assistance for a student’s higher education.
- This scheme will give you maximum loan amount of 10 lakh.
- After getting a job, student who availed the credit card / loan can start repayment of the loan.
- The tenure period of this loan is set for 15 years. This is the maximum period of this loan.
- The amount of student loan can be withdrawn with the help of credit card too.
- This amount can be utilised for both institutional and non institutional expenses.
- Student can complete their higher studies courses including UG, PG, Doctoral, Post-Doctoral within and outside India.
- Students who are residing from last 10 years in West Bengal are eligible for this student credit card scheme.
- The nominal interest on it of 4% which is the lowest. It can’t be lower than that.
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2021: Documents Required
The following documents are required for online application of West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme –
- Colour photograph of the applicant.
- Colour photograph of the co-applicant/co-borrower.
- Signature of the student.
- Co-borrower/co-applicant/guardian’s signature.
- Student’s Aadhaar Card.
- Student’s Class 10th Board registration certificate (if no Aadhaar
- Guardian’s address proof.
- Admission receipt.
- Student’s PAN Card / undertaking if there is no PAN Card.
- Guardian’s PAN Card / undertaking if there is no PAN Card.
- Relevant page of the brochure / document detaining course fee /
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2021: Registration or Application Process
- Online Registration for Student Credit Card – Visit www.wb.gov.in or https://banglaruchchashiksha.wb.gov.in
and click on STUDENT CREDIT CARD tab or Log in to
https://wbscc.wb.gov.in and click on REGISTRATION OF
STUDENT form option, fill up the form and after that click on register button to generate unique user id and password.
- If you completed the student registration process then you will get the user ID in your SMS inbox and you have to use it to login in order apply for the student credit card program.
- Now, it’s time to click on Student Login tab and you will see an interface like this –
- After login with your User ID and Password, you will land on the dashboard section –
- Now, click on “Apply” and fill your details and upload your necessary documents. That’s it.
Also, you can check your application status there like –
–> Application submitted to HOI: It means that your application has been submitted to head of the institution.
–> Application returned by HOI to Applicant: That means HOI or Head of the Institution detected discrepancy in your application.
–> Application forwarded by HOI to HED: HOI or Head of the Institution have not detected discrepancy in your application and successfully forwarded your application to HED for the next verification.
–> Application forwarded by HED to Bank: It’s the last process for the disbursement of your student loan. Bank will review the application and disburse the sanctioned amount.