New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Prayagraj today to give a push to women empowerment-centric schemes and transferred an amount of Rs 1,000 crore in the bank accounts of Self Help Groups (SHGs) benefitting around 16 lakh women members of SHGs.
According to ANI, the “one of its kind program was attended by over 2 lakh women from across the state”. The program was held as per the vision to empower women, especially at the grassroots level.
Also Read | Crypto Bill Unlikely To Be Tabled In Parliament During Winter Session, No Cabinet Approval Yet: Report
The program was aimed at empowering women at the grassroots level by providing them with the necessary skills, incentives, and resources. The PM also transferred the first-month stipend of Rs 4,000 in the accounts of 20,000 Business Correspondent-Sakhis. It was followed by the transfer of an amount of over Rs 20 crore to around one lakh beneficiaries of the Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala Scheme aimed at providing conditional fund transfer to a girl child at different stages of her life, especially education.
After an informal interaction with the women and children who gathered to attend the event, PM Modi addressed the crowd and spoke about how the state and central government are working to empower the women of India.
Highlights of PM Modi’s speech:
- Starting his speech, PM Modi said that the state has worked for women’s empowerment and this scheme will benefit the daughters of the state.
- PM Modi said that most of the beneficiaries are those girls who didn’t even have accounts until some time ago. But today they have the power of digital banking and now the daughters of UP have decided that they won’t let the previous governments come back to power.
- PM Modi said that to end female foeticide in our country, the central government brought the campaign ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ and today its result is that the number of daughters has increased a lot in many states of the country.
- He further said that the government also focused on empowering pregnant women so they can take care of themselves during delivery in hospitals and nutrition during pregnancy. Under the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana, Rs 5000 is deposited in the bank accounts of women during pregnancy, so that they can take a proper diet.
- The Prime Minister then spoke about various schemes launched for women to improve their standard of living and provide them with basic necessities. PM Modi said that with the construction of crores of toilets under the Swachh Bharat Mission, due to the gas connection facility to the poorest of the poor sisters under the Ujjwala scheme and with a proper supply of water at their homes, the lives of women have improved.
- Speaking about the Prohibition of Child Marriage (Amendment) Bill to increase the marriage age of women, PM Modi said, “Union Cabinet has taken a decision to increase the age of marriage of women from 18 yrs to 21 yrs. We’re making efforts to make this happen as the women want that they should get time to pursue their studies, to get equal opportunities. But some are troubled by this decision.”
- Over 30 lakh houses in UP have been built under PM Awas Yojana- about 25 lakh houses are registered in women’s name. For generations, women did not have any property here but today they own the entire house. This is what true women empowerment is
Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath, Mathura MP Hema Malini, and others were also present during the event.
UP CM also addressed the event and said, “the honor that women of the country were waiting for since independence was given to them after 2014. UP govt has done the work of giving respect to every woman of the state. The result of the work done by PM to change the attitude towards half the population is seen by all.”
After the fund transfer, the PM also laid the foundation stone for 202 Supplementary Nutrition Manufacturing Units which will supply supplementary nutrition in 600 blocks of the state under the Integrated Child Development Scheme.
(This is an auto-generated article from syndicated news feed. TEAM BEPINKU.COM may not have modified or edited the article).